“And I believe the freedom of the material which we know and understand is guaranteed only by lightness of organization, a maximum of people, good training and good, reliable, sound relay of information. And if we can’t do these things, sooner or later the information which we hold will become the property of an untrustworthy few. This I am sure because it has always happened this way…"
L Ron Hubbard - Anatomy of the Spirit of Man Congress - Lecture #15 What is Scientology Doing? 6 June 1955
New Technology - New Idea[edit source]
Scientolipedia.org was launched in 2011 by Dave LaCroix to provide services to the Scientology "Field", people new to the subject, researchers and journalists.
The idea was to use the most flexible and robust Internet technology available to showcase and document the history, people, technologies and founder of Scientology in an objective and honest way.
As is explained below, it was thought that by focusing the combined efforts and knowledge that existed within the collective memories and experiences of those familiar with the subject matter, we could provide an objective presentation of this very unique and compelling movement. The Mediawiki software - the same software Wikipedia uses - was selected due to its versatility and unique attribute of allowing any number of contributors to site content.
Thank you for visiting - we hope you find the site helpful.
2017 Revised Mission Statement[edit source]
We Curate (from Latin curare, meaning "to take care") the SUBJECT of Scientology by documenting the history, people, technologies, activities and founder via state-of-the-art Internet technology -- this enhanced wiki platform -- social media, smartphone apps, webcasts, podcasts, free streaming of LRH lectures, online training etc... Making it broadly available is also part of the mission.
Scientologists make up a "community" of individuals who seek answers to life's riddles and are using the teachings of L Ron Hubbard to gain greater knowledge about themselves and the world around them.
We need to take advantage of advancements in Internet, computer and communications technologies so we might better share amongst ourselves and the "world community" as well, the benefits of the discoveries L Ron Hubbard left for us all.
|Our dissemination work to promote Auditors, Scientology, LRH and the Tech is FREE. Maintaining the site is not. We rely on voluntary support to keep it going! See the Project Supporters page for more info.|
|Help us 'take it to the next level' -|
Today there are literally hundreds of websites on the subject of Scientology with many presenting a skewed view of the subject and its adherents.
Due to all the chaos surrounding the subject, people have naturally attempted to make some sense of it and have published their views on the Internet. Anyone is free to do that of course but it doesn't solve a couple fundamental problems that ScientoliPedia.org addresses.
By cooperating and collaborating on a primary site as in the Wikipedia model, we can achieve search engine prominence and a single focal point for access to, and information about the subject and its Founder. We can ignore the chaos and controversy and concentrate on putting forward the other, bigger side of the story. i.e. how LRH's tech can improve life, conditions, understanding, communication and those other higher attributes we all aspire to. (see The Field Advantage)
Some choose to revel in conflict and strife, so be it. We're here on the other hand, to help build a better life and improve the world around us. We have the ability to know there is evil in the world without letting that knowledge consume us and pollute our purpose. We have the ability to come together and make use of the best tool available to accomplish great things. I think it's safe to say LRH would approve of that idea. (see video below for description of Scope of the project)
the way of the wiki[edit source]
The Wiki is an ideal platform to present information and allow many people to contribute to the knowledge-base and resources it contains.
YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE LRH BIOGRAPHY. YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN PAGE TO PROMOTE YOURSELF AS AN AUDITOR OR FIELD PRACTITIONER OR GROUP. YOUR OWN PAGE AS A SCIENTOLOGIST TO TELL YOUR STORY. YOU CAN CREATE ARTICLES ABOUT APPLICATION OF SCIENTOLOGY TO LIFE OR ILLUSTRATE THE TECH IN REAL-WORLD TERMS. YOU CAN TAKE AN ACTIVE PART IN MAKING THIS THE MOST DOMINANT SELF-HELP SITE ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE WHAT YOU WRITE WILL BE PICKED UP BY SEARCH ENGINES.
semantic wiki[edit source]
The Semantic Wiki takes the Wiki (like Wikipedia) a step further by providing a "smarter" way of keeping track of, and accessing the information. (mouse-over the word "Semantic" you just read)
This Semantic Wiki is ideally suited to gain very high traffic and rankings and since Scientology already has the most compelling story to tell, it's an ideal match. A high ranking site is needed so we can gather the millions of monthly search engine queries and help those people find a link to some real truth and an avenue to answers and help.
This site's purpose is to fulfill that role and answer those searches.
ScientoliPedia is a...[edit source]
- Scientology-Wikipedia - because it allows everyone to contribute articles and web pages without the limits of conventional websites.
- Scientology-Facebook - because it lets you communicate and "Blog" with your friends.
- Scientology-Google - because the search capability (Semantic Search) lets you find the Source reference, biographical data, statistics, location (maps) and calendar of events in the Scientology world, Success Stories and much more...
help design and build this site[edit source]
- CONTRIBUTORS AND EDITORS ARE INVITED FOR ALL AREAS OF THE SITE it's easy and fun to learn how to Wiki
- Give us feedback about changes you'd like. e.g. additions or changes to the Form fields, drop-down selections or other types of editing improvements.
- Use the Discussion page here to talk about ways you can learn to wiki, add to the Biography, help add technical references or any other questions...or...email us.
- This site was launched prematurely, intentionally, so it would start to gain search rankings - many changes to the look, function and content are being implemented and tested. (see the Site Development page
Be patient while we "dress it up" and take pride in knowing you were an 'early innovator/adopter of the most exciting new dissemination tool anywhere! Dave LaCroix
- webmaster: email
- This site is a very big project requiring significant time and money to achieve its goals and purposes. Please take a few minutes to watch the videos below for an overview of its Scope and the Internet Marketing strategy. It really isn't 'just another website'
see also[edit source]
- Jimmy Wales
- The Field Advantage
- About This Site
- Purpose and Videos about ScientoliPedia
- The Freedom To Help Others
- Tim Berners-Lee