Ships of the Sea Organization, 1967 to 1975
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Ships of the Sea Organization, 1967 to 1975|
|Topic||Ships of the Sea Org, 1967 to 1975|
|Type of Article||Category:Property "Is type of article" (as page type) with input value "Category:" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.|
- Editor Note: The development of this article was interrupted by a larger project the author has undertaken. It will be expanded upon soon and other persons interested in this subject matter and who would like to help develop it are welcome to contact us and help fill in vital information. Dl88008 09:06, 23 May 2012 (MDT)
The Sea Organization
The Sea Organization (Sea Org) came into existence on August 12, 1967. As the name implies, this fraternal organization operated off of ships, around Europe/North Africa and on the west coast of the United States. The Sea Org operated off of the following ships until 1975; at which time the Sea Org sold all the ships and became land based.
Europe/North Africa[edit | edit source]
The ships that operated around Europe/North Africa were;
- Apollo (originally known as the Royal Scotman)
- Length 340'
- Beam 48'
- Athena (originally known as the Avon River)
- Length 145' 4"
- Beam 26' 1"
- Commodore Queen
- Length 150'
- Diana (originally known as the Enchanter)
- Length 20'
The west coast of the United States[edit | edit source]
The ships that operated off of the west coast of the United States were;
- Aries (originally known as the Bluefin)
- Length 65'
- Bolivar (originally known as the Grinnel)
- Length 173' 8"
- Beam 23'
- Excalibur (originally known as the Asia)
- Length 184' 6"
- Beam 33' 1"
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ^ Hubbard, L. Ron. Flag Order #1. Church of Scientology. 12 August 1967
- ^ a b c Hubbard, L. Ron. Welcome to the Sea Org Course, Sea Organization Product Zero, Glossary. Church of Scientology. 1990
- ^ a b c d e f g Hubbard, L. Ron. Modern Management Technology Defined, Church of Scientology of California, Publications Organization, United Sates. 1976
- ^ Hubbard, L. Ron. AOLA Good News Letter. Church of Scientology. January 1969