Towards a Scientology of Inclusion
|Towards a Scientology of Inclusion|
|Author||Scott Gordon - WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR|
|Type of Article||Category:Property "Is type of article" (as page type) with input value "Category:" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.|
Towards a Scientology of Inclusion by Scott Gordon - WATCHFUL NAVIGATOR
- "EXCLUSION OF OTHERS IS THE BASIC CAUSE OF WAR AND INSANITY."
- "The Catholic Church only began to fail when it began to exclude. Thus inclusion is a major point in all great organizations." 
- "To work for freedom of speech in the world."
- "...all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others." 
It can be a source of great frustration that the above points are not always well-known or respected in Scientology groups, whether in or out of the official church. This can be the source of upsetting injustices, when a person often gets shouted down and/or run out of a group. Attacks on an individual expressing an unpopular opinion, can trigger the most emotionally violent reactions on the part of everyone involved.
Many of us are still smarting from the whirlpool of injustice that is and was, the official corporate 'Church' of Scientology.
Any Scientology group that wants to avoid the mistakes of the past and survive into the future, needs to have its members aware of the following LRH data:
LRH data[edit | edit source]
- RJ 68
- Disconnection Canceled
- Code of a Scientologist
- Creed of the Church of Scientology
- (more references)
- "'Justice' apparently cannot be trusted in the hands of Man."
- "We must safeguard against unjust practices and make haste to remedy all injustices. We must be accordingly committed or we will never make it." 
- "Protect people and groups from fallacious and vexatious attacks." 
- "Until justice applies to all, until a person is really assumed innocent until proven guilty..."
- "Injustice is not something in which any man with power should ever trade. It is not just a sin. It is suicide."
- "...I isolated the false accusation, false report and failing to confront the accused with his accusers as the basic breakdown of justice. These undermine personal security..."
- "So flagrant is this abuse that it destroys for one and all the value of the cause of democracy.
- "When justice becomes slow, when it becomes expensive and when false reports on people and groups are allowed to go unchallenged and unpunished, any ideology becomes a tyranny."
- "As false reports tear down the security of the individual and small group, these then have to assert themselves. They do so in their turn by attacking."
- "Only if [SCIENTOLOGY]* reforms its human rights, will it have a cause worth fighting for, worth supporting. Otherwise its public and social groups will desert it to any other cause without even much examining it."
- "The principles of not accepting false reports and confronting one with his accusers and accusations before punishing actions of any kind are so strong that if the West accepted them, and scrupulously practiced them, IT WOULD HAVE A CAUSE GREAT ENOUGH TO SURVIVE."
The word [SCIENTOLOGY] here added to (altered from) the original reference to create an effect
Can you see how important the practice of basic justice is to the long-term survival of any group?
Will you join those who are taking responsibility for this? For their families? For their groups? For their nation? For this planet?
Here is the technology (skill-set) that needs to be learned and applied:
HCO PL 19 SEP 70 - I
Data Series 16
"Correction of things which are not wrong and neglecting things which are not right puts the tombstone on any org or civilization.
"In auditing when one Reviews or "corrects" a case that is running well, one has trouble. It is made trouble.
"Similarly on the third dynamic, correcting situations which do not exist and neglecting situations which do exist can destroy a group.
"All this boils down to CORRECT INVESTIGATION. It is not a slight skill. It is THE basic skill behind any intelligent action.
"When justice goes astray (as it usually does) the things that have occurred are
"1. Use of justice for some other purpose than public safety (such as maintaining a privileged group or indulging a fixed idea) or
"2. Investigatory Procedure.
"All suppressive use of the forces of justice can be traced back to one or the other of these.
"Aberrations and hate very often find outlet by calling them "justice" or "law and order". This is why it can be said that man cannot be trusted with justice.
"This or just plain stupidity brings about a neglect of intelligent investigatory procedures. Yet all third dynamic sanity depends upon correct and unaberrated investigatory procedures. Only in that way can one establish causes of things. And only by establishing causes can one cease to be the effect of unwanted situations.
"It is one thing to be able to observe. It is quite another to utilize observations so that one can get to the basis of things."
scientology group member - suggested hat[edit | edit source]
- CODE OF A SCIENTOLOGIST
- Disconnection Canceled ,ref>(HCO PL 15 Nov 68 “Cancellation of Disconnection")</ref>
- Communication Definition 1. The consideration and action of impelling an impulse or particle from source point across a distance to receipt point with the intention of bringing into being at the receipt point a duplication and understanding of that which emanated from the source point. 
- An Operating Standard Rule -
- "This is rigid policy, not advice:
- "No matter how stiff the ethics action is you have to apply to keep the show on the road, remember this:
- "You must keep the door open only if it's just a crack.
- "Expulsion without hope of reinstatement puts people into total hopelessness. It may even be the reason governments eventually experience revolt. Expulsion without recourse leads to desperation and revolt.
- "There must always be the hope of return to good graces and all Ethics Orders or actions must state what the person has to do to be reinstated in good standing.
- "Do not practice or permit discipline or expulsion with no hope of amends."
- THIRD DYNAMIC DE-ABERRATION - HCO PL 6 DEC 1970
- RJ 68 [optional]
- [optional] THE JUSTICE OF SCIENTOLOGY - Its Use and Purpose Being a Scientologist (p293 new ethics book)
- Administering Justice (p335 new ethics book)
"3. Without order nothing can grow or expand."
"8. A thetan is good. He invented a bank to keep others good. That mechanism went wrong. And that's why we're here."
- A New Hope for Justice (p391 new ethics book)
Some Suggested Cancellations of Policy: (Watchful Navigator)
(to be announced - a data series evaluation and survey are in progress...
meanwhile, relax: LRH specifically allowed for the cancellation of unworkable policies, and that reference will also be provided and can be utilized (or not) at will, by any person or group of those who wish to follow the suggestions that will be given)
And finally, for those who do not have access to this key, vital reference, I am posting excerpts here for academic evaluation:
<centerGROUP SANITY HCO PL 14 DEC 1970 Personnel Series 14
Org Series 19
"Where these subjects are not well handled and where one or more of these are very out of line, the organization will suffer a third dynamic aberration.
"This then is a SANITY SCALE for the third dynamic of a group.
"The group will exhibit aberrated symptoms where one or more of these points are out.
"The group will be sane to the degree that these points are in.
"Internal stresses of magnitude begin to affect every member of the group in greater or lesser degree when one or more of these items are neglected or badly handled.
"The society at large currently has the majority of these points out."
"EXCLUSION OF OTHERS IS THE BASIC CAUSE OF WAR AND INSANITY."
6. [A THIRD DYNAMIC PSYCHOSIS IS UNREAL OR NON‑ FACTUAL PROMOTION]
"Under the name of Justice, aberrated man accomplishes fantastic injustices. The upstat is hit, the downstat let go. Rumours are accepted as evidence. Police forces and power are used to ENFORCE the injustices contained 1 to 9 above. Suppressive justice is used as an ineffectual but savage means of meeting situations actually caused by the earlier listed psychoses. When abuses on 1 to 9 make things go wrong, the social aberration then introduces suppressive injustices as an effort to cure. Revolt and war are magnified versions of injustices. Excess people‑ kill them off in a war. A THIRD DYNAMIC PSYCHOSIS IS THE SUBSTITUTE OF VIOLENCE FOR REASON."
11. [INSANITY IS A REFUSAL TO ALLOW OTHERS TO BE, DO OR HAVE.]
"Letting people INTO the group at large is the key to every great movement and bettered culture on this planet. This was the new idea that made Buddhism the strongest civilizing influence the world has seen in terms of numbers and terrain. They did not exclude. Race, color, creed were not made bars to membership in this great movement.
"Politically the strongest country in the world was the United States, and it was weakened only by its efforts to exclude certain races or make them second class citizens. Its greatest internal war (1862‑ 65) was fought to settle this point, and the weakness was not resolved even then.
"The Catholic Church only began to fail when it began to exclude.
"Thus inclusion is a major point in all great organizations.
"The things which set a group or organization on a course of exclusion are (a) the destructive impulses of about 10 or 15 % of the society (lunacy) and (b) opposition by interests which consider themselves threatened by the group or organization's potential resulting in infiltration (c) efforts to mimic the group's technology destructively and set up rival groups.
"All these three things build up barriers that a group might thoughtlessly buy and act to remedy with no long range plans to handle.
"These stresses make a group edgy and combative. The organization then seeks to solve these three points by exclusion, whereas its growth depends wholly upon inclusion.
"No one has ever solved these points successfully in the past because of lack of technology to solve them.
"It all hinges on three points: (1) the sanity of the individual, (2) the worthwhileness of the group in terms of general area, planetary or universal survival, and (3) the superiority of the group's organization tech and its use.
"Just at this writing, the first point is solved conclusively in Scientology. Even hostile and destructive personalities wandering into the group can be solved and, due to the basic nature of Man, made better for the benefit of themselves and others.
"The worthwhileness of the organization is determined by the assistance given to general survival by the group's products and the actual factual delivery of those valid products.
"The superiority of a group's Admin Tech and its application is at this current writing well covered in current developments.
"Thus inclusion is almost fully attainable. The only ridges that build up are the short term defense actions.
"For instance, Scientology currently must fight back at the death camp organizations of psychiatry whose solution is a dead world, as proven by their actions in Germany before and during World War 11. But we must keep in mind that we fully intend to reform and salvage even these opponents. We are seeking to include them in the general survival by forcing them to cease their non‑ survival practices and overcome their gruesome group past.
"There are two major stages then of including people‑ one is as paid organization personnel and one as unpaid personnel. BOTH are in essence being "hired". The pay differs. The wider majority receive the pay of personal peace and effectiveness and a better world.
"The org which excludes its own field members will fail.
"The payment to the org of money or the money payment to the staff member is an internal economy. Pay, the real pay, is a better personal survival and a world that can live.
"Plans of INclusion are successful. They sometimes contain defense until we can include.
"Even resistance to an org can be interpreted as a future inclusion by the org. Resistance or opposition is a common way‑ point in the cycle of inclusion. In an organization where everyone wins eventually anyway the senselessness of resistance becomes apparent even to the most obtuse. Only those who oppose their own survival resist a survival producing organization.
"Even in commercial companies the best organization with the best product usually finds competitors merging with it."
"Criminal or antisocial conduct occurs where there is no hat.
"Any type of membership or role or post in the whole organization or its field requires individual and team training. Only where you have a group member who will not or cannot bring himself to have and wear a hat will you have any trouble."
"UTILIZATION requires a knowledge of what the valuable final products are and how to make them.
"Action which doesn't result in a final product that adds up to valuable final products is destructive, no matter how innocent it seems.
"Man has a planet as a valuable final product. Improper use of the countries and seas, air and masses which compose it will wind up with the destruction of Man, all life on it and the usefulness of the planet. So proper utilization of anything is a very real factor."
"Without justice there can be no real organization.
"Even a government owes its people an operating climate in which human transactions and business can occur.
"Where insane and criminal individuals operate unchecked in the community justice is uncertain and harsh.
"The society in which the insane rise to positions of power becomes a nightmare.
"Justice is a difficult subject. Man handles it badly.
"Justice cannot occur until insanity can be detected and cured.
"The whole task of justice is to defend the honest man. Therefore the target of justice is the establishment of a sane society.
"The inability to detect or cure the insane destroys civilizations.
"Justice is an effort to bring equity and peace. When one cannot detect and cure insanity then sooner or later justice actions will become unjust and be used by the insane.
"To us, Justice is the action necessary to restrain the insane until they are cured. After that it would be only an action of seeing fair play is done."
"Morale is not made of comfort and sloth. It is made of common purpose and obstacles overcome by the group.
"When the Admin Scale and these elements are not held together by similar aims. then morale has to be held up artificially.
"The most ghastly morale I have ever seen was amongst "the idle rich".
"And the highest morale I've ever seen was amongst a furiously dedicated common purposed group working under fantastic stresses with very little against almost hopeless odds.
"I used to observe that morale in a combat unit would never materialize before they had been through hell together.
"All drama aside, morale is made up of high purpose and mutual confidence. This comes from the Admin Scale items and these elements of organization being well aligned, one with the next, and honest sane endeavor to achieve a final goal for all." - LRH
references[edit | edit source]
- ^ L. Ron Hubbard - HCO PL 14 DEC 1970
- ^ Point 10 of The Code of a Scientologist (1969)
- ^ Creed of the Church of Scientology (1954)
- ^ A New Hope for Justice - (p392 new ethics book)
- ^ FAST JUSTICE - 1 MAR 69
- ^ RIOTS - 19 MAR 69
- ^ JUSTICE - 1 MAY 69
- ^ (HCOB 5 APR 73)
- ^ *GROUP SANITY - HCO PL 14 DEC 1970